Achieve Optimum Health with an Individualized Ayurvedic Regime
Ayurveda is a truly holistic system that embraces the healing of all aspects of your being (body, mind, and consciousness) through diet, lifestyle (including exercise, yoga and meditation), Ayurvedic herbs and herbal preparations, as well as cleansing and rejuvenating Ayurvedic therapies and Panchakarma, a deep detox program unique to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda states that good digestion is the key to optimal health. Therefore, food combining and diet can make a vital contribution to continuous good health.
An Ayurvedic health program will help you to slowly implement routines and dietary guidelines specific to your constitution and/or doshic imbalance. The use of Ayurvedic herbs and herbal preparations will promote balance and harmony of the doshas, strengthening the immune system and promote general vitality.
A balanced lifestyle that takes into consideration regularity in food, sleeping habits, and bowel movements, as well as following daily routines and practices such as yoga (or exercise) and meditation, will bring discipline and help maintain the harmony of the doshas, thus promoting overall health.
Throughout your consultations, you will learn and understand various theoretical and practical aspects of Ayurveda, and be able to progressively integrate them into your lifestyle. Slow change is permanent change.
Also, specific Ayurvedic therapies may be suggested to help you in the healing process, depending on your individual needs and state of health.
Aspects of Your Ayurvedic Regime at our Ayurveda and Panchakarma Clinic
• Learn how to choose a suitable diet to bring balance, harmony, and health into your life, based on Ayurvedic principles.
• Cook foods properly and avoid combinations that can create toxins in your body, while you learn some of the basic concepts behind Ayurvedic cooking:
• Learn about the fundamental spices of an Ayurvedic kitchen, how to use them to make your food more digestible, as well as how to prepare digestive teas, ghee, kitchari, dal and other dishes according to your constitution.
• Understand why certain eating habits can disturb your health (by deranging the doshas), when to eat what type of food, and how else to improve your digestion.
• Learn how the seasons can affect your digestion and health and how to adjust your habits accordingly.
• Understand why the change from one season to another may require shifting your diet for a period of time to restore balance, and how you can benefit from specific Ayurvedic therapies and a cleansing program such as Panchakarma or a home cleanse at the beginning of each season.
• Learn healthy routines, called dinacharya, and how to slowly integrate them into your life.
• Understand why exercise and yoga should also be suited to your specific constitution, and which kind and how much you should perform to stimulate the digestive fire (agni), improve digestion, relieve constipation, and induce relaxation, as well as how to avoid dehydration, breathlessness, muscle aches, chest pain, and other problems such as arthritis, sciatica, or heart conditions, caused by over exercising or doing the wrong type of yoga.
• Understand why both the relationships you develop with others and the one you have with yourself play a major role in your overall health and well-being, and how suppressed or unresolved emotions can poison your body just as much as bad food combining.
• Learn about the benefits of yoga, yoga therapy, and meditation and how to adjust them according to your constitution and individual needs.